Monday, April 29, 2013

Iron Man

The students in Year 4 have been reading the well-known story The Iron Man by British poet and author Ted Hughes.  We watched some videos that other students have created about this story and we were motivated to build our own robot.  We took photos as we went, wrote similes to describe our robot and used Photo Peach as a tool to create our own Iron Man inspired video.  We especially enjoyed choosing the music!

Iron Man Robot on PhotoPeach
 
 What other stories have you read by Ted Hughes?

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I have never seen iron man before (or read the book). I have`t even read any of the other ted hughes books, But I still really like the iron man model. I love how you wrote what part it was or what object it was when it zoomed in on them.

    Best Wishes,
    Caitlin

    P.S I am from Holy Family Primary School Mt Waverly.(Kids learning together!)

    ReplyDelete